We cover more SEO question and answer in Freelancer website examination. We provide SEO question and answer which is very useful to give a test on Upwork, Freelancer and many other websites.
You can easily be doing the right score with my question and answering.
Que.1: The following robots meta tag directs the search engine bots
- Not to index the page and not to follow the links in the page
Que.2: Which of the following statements is correct with regard to natural links?
- They are from authority websites
Que.3: Which of the following does Google uses to display characters of a web page’s Title Tag?
- Title Tag Character count
Que.4: Which of the following statements regarding website content are correct?
- If you have two versions of a document on your website, Google recommends that you only allow the indexing of the better version
- Syndicating your content could lead to Google viewing the material as duplicate
Que.5: State whether the following statement is true or false.
A Sitemap provides a list of internal links to user accessible pages on a website.
Que.6: State whether true or false.
The Yahoo Directory listing is a free service for commercial sites.
Que.7: Which of the following factors does Google take into account while assessing whether or not a website is an authority website?
- The frequency with which the content of the website is updated
- The number of in-bound natural links related to the website’s theme (or keywords)
- The number of web pages containing relevant information on the main theme of the website
Que.8: If you search for the term “iq test” in the Word Tracker keyword suggestion tool, will it return the number of independent searches for the term “iq”?
Que.9: Which search engine technology prevents a website from appearing in numerous top positions in the search engine result pages?
Que.10: Which of the following activities could be looked down upon by Google as per their quality guidelines?
- Intentionally adding keywords to the TITLE tags and ALT attributes
Que.11: If you enter ‘Help site:www.expertrating.com’ in the Google search box, what will Google search for?
- It will find pages about help within www.expertrating.com
Que.12: The following robots meta tag directs the search engine bots:
- Not to index the page and not to follow the links in the page
Que.13: _________ is usually the best web page to get linked to while receiving a themed in-bound link from another website.
- The page which you would like to improve in the search engine rankings
Que.14: Which of the following search engines or directories provides the directory search results for Yahoo?
- Yahoo Directory
Que.15: A Hallway Page is used to:
- Enable search engine bots to index the Doorway Pages
- Organize the Doorway Pages
- Help people navigate to different Doorway Pages
Que.16: What is the term for Optimization strategies that are in an unknown area of reputability/validity?
- Grey hat techniques
Que.17: Google displays up to _____ characters of a webpage’s Title Tag.
Que.18: What is the main reason for the effectiveness of optimizing a webpage towards a long tail keyword search?
- There are fewer websites that have targeted such keywords
Que.19: Google gives priority to themed inbound links.
Que.20: What is the illegal act of copying of a page by unauthorized parties in order to filter off traffic to another site called?
Que.21: What is the name of the search engine technology due to which a query for the word ‘actor’ will also show search results for related words such as actress, acting or act?
Que.22: Implementing a 301 Permanent Redirects on the old pages to redirect to the new pages is a good idea from the SEO perspective.
Que.23: How are site maps important for the search engine optimization process?
- Site maps help the search engine spider pick up more pages from the website
Que.24: Are RSS/Atom feeds returned in Google’s search results?
Que.25: Which of the following facts about Alexa are correct?
- Alexa provides free data on relative website visitor traffic
Que.26: Which of the following statements is correct with regard to natural links?
- They are voluntary in nature
Que.27: While optimizing your website it is important to generate the right type of traffic, how does the Bounce Rate information help in this regard?
- By letting you know the percentage of users who entered the website and then left without viewing any other page
Que.28: What does the 302 server response code signify?
- The page has temporarily moved
Que.29: Do search engines such as Google detect unnatural linking patterns by checking the Class C IP address of the page where the link to the website originates?
Que.30: Which of the following free tools/websites could help you identify which city in the world has the largest search for the keyword – “six sigma”?
- Google Trends
Que.31: What is the function of “indexer” part of the Google search engine?
- It helps to generate meaningful results based upon the user’s search term
Que.32: Which of the following statement about RSS is correct?
- It is a form of XML
Que.33: Which of the following statements is correct with regard to the images within a webpage?
- Images cannot be spidered by the search engines
- Important keywords related to the image should be placed in the ALT text
Que.34: Cloaking is a controversial SEO technique. What does it involve?
- Offering a different set of web pages to the search engines
Que.35: Why is it a bad idea from the seo perspective to host free articles and write ups that are very common on the internet.
- Because you could get penalized by search engines for using duplicate content
Que.36: What is Anchor Text?
- It is the visible text that is hyper linked to another page
Que.37: What will the following robots.txt file do?
- It will disallow Google from crawling any of the dynamically generated pages. It will also disallow the altavista scooter bot from accessing any page
Que.38: 10 people do a web search. In response, they see links to a variety of web pages. Three of the 10 people choose one particular link. That link then has a __________ click through rate.
- 30 percent
Que.39: All major search engines are case sensitive.
Que.40: Google looks down upon paid links for enhancing page rank. If a website sells links, what action/s does Google recommend to avoid being penalized?
- Paid links should be disclosed through the “rel=nofollow” attribute in the hyperlink
Que.41: While grading your website, Google gives credit to outbound links pointing to authority websites?
Que.42: Which of the following website design guidelines have been recommended by Google?
- Keeping the links on a given page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100)
- Having a clear hierarchy and text links
- Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link
Que.43: Which of the following actions could get you banned by Google?
- Linking to sites banned by Google
- Hiding text on the webpage
- Stuffing keywords on the webpage
Que.44: Which of the following statements about FFA pages are true?
- They are also called link farms
Que.45: What term is commonly used to describe the shuffling of positions in search engine results in between major updates?
Que.46: _________________ use both crawlers and directories to generate relevant results.
- Meta Search Engines
Que.47: If a website’s search engine saturation with respect to a particular search engine is 20%, what does it mean?
- 20% of the webpages of the website have been indexed by the search engine
Que.48: What is Keyword Density?
- The number of times the keyword is used and multiplied by hundred / (DIVIDED BY) the total word count on the page.
Que.49: Which of the following can be termed as good keyword selection and placement strategies?
- Targeting synonyms of the main keyword
Que.50: Which of the following factors have an impact on the Google PageRank?
- The total number of inbound links to a page of a web site
Que.51: If your site is not appearing in Google search results because of some unethical SEO practices in the recent past, _________________.
- it is better to discontinue the website and shift your webpages to a fresh website with a new domain name.
- modify the page contents, make them useful and relevant to the human users, and request Google to reconsider your site.
Que.52: What does the term Keyword Prominence refer to?
- It refers to the fact that the keywords placed in important parts of a webpage are given priority by the search engines
Que.53: What will happen if you type the words ‘Certification -Networking’ in the Google search box?
- Google will find the web pages about Certification that do not contain the word Networking
Que.54: Which black hat SEO technique is characterized by a method to deceive search engines, by detecting the search engine bot and “feeding” it with a different HTML code than the HTML actually served to users?
Que.55: Which of the following statements is correct with regard to the description meta tag?
- Google uses the meta description to generate the search engine results pages
Que.56: Which of the following factors contribute towards link popularity of a website?
- The quality of websites that link to it
- The number of websites that link to it
- The number of pages of the website indexed by Google
Que.57: Which of the following statements about the Google Sitemap are correct:
- Repeated submission of the Sitemap to Google could be penalized
Que.58: Which of the following statements about Google’s technical and quality guidelines are true?
- Submitting new pages of your website at http://www.google.com/addurl.html as soon as they are online, helps to speed up indexing
- It is advantageous if your web server supports the If-Modified-Since HTTP header
- If using dynamic pages, it helps to keep the parameters short and the number of them few
Que.59: Which of the following conditions will Google treat favorably from the ‘Relevancy’ perspective?
- Image Alt tags on the home page matching the search term
Que.60: Some words, when followed by a colon, have special meanings to Yahoo. What is performed by the link: operator?
- It shows all the pages that point to that URL
Que.61: Search engines do not index some common words (such as “or”, “and”, “when”, and “in”) within the webpage. What are these common words called?
- Stop words
Que.62: Which of the following statements about search engine optimization techniques are correct:?
- Websites with deep linking are looked at favorably by search engines
It is not a good idea to have the same anchor text for all inbound links as it could look automated to the search engines